Health City is looking for Caymanians to join its Sleep Technologist Training Programme in affiliation with the Board of registered Polysomnographic Technologist (BRPT).
The one-year programme provides participants with standardized education and training to become aqualified registered sleep technologist and teaches skills for the clinical assessment, testing, diagnosisand treatment of all sleep disorders.
Students will be prepared to take the national certification exam through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
Upon successful completion of the programme, a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT):
– can assist clinicians and medical researchers with sleep studies and research related to sleepdisorders
– is eligible to register under CPAM licensure
– has a globally valid RPSGT certification.
The programme runs for 1-year and consists of a combination of classroom lectures, lab training, hands-on clinical experience and self-study:
– Guided Study period: 800 hours
– Self-Study period: 600 hours
– Practical period: 1,200 hours
– have a Higher Secondary diploma
– be 18 years old or older
– hold a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
– have proof of a negative Tuberculosis skin test or negative chest x-ray administered within threemonths prior to the first class
– have proof of a current Mumps, Measles, & Rubella (MMR) and Varicella immunization
– have proof of a Hepatitis B vaccination & COVID vaccination 1st and 2nd dose
– bring a physical exam, showing they are fit to work
No Tuition Fees will be charged to the students (Caymanian) registered for the Polysomnographictechnology
A student registered in the Sleep Technologist Training Programme will receive a monthly stipend of CI$2,000.
The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) is an independent, nonprofitcertification board that cultivates the highest professional and ethical standards for sleep health professionals by providing the leading internationally recognized credential in sleep technology–theRegistered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential.
The RPSGT credential is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) confirming it complies with NCCA’s stringent standards for a professional certification program. Accreditation validates the integrity of the RPSGT program and is a markof quality.
Health City Cayman Islands’ Sleep Technology training programme has been affiliated by Board ofRegistered Polysomnographic technologist as a STAR (Sleep Technology Approved Resource) Program.
STAR-designated education programs:
– Use programdirectors, instructors and course developers who are credentialed in sleeptechnology and/or sleep medicine, respiratory care, electroneurodiagnostics, or their specialtyfield.
– Provide an examination at the completion of each topic or program to assess the student’sknowledge and understanding of the materials presented.
– Base content and information on current references and textbooks, and provide education andinstructional methods in accordance with industry standards.
– Provide a certificate to document astudent’s successful completion of each education moduleand/or the entire program.